Friday, September 25, 2009

The Honduras Mess

After 60+ hours of curfew, which has now (thankfully) been restricted to afternoon/evenings, this is the best article I have found on the situation here. (The rest all seem to be heavily biased in favor of Mel and are seriously inaccurate.)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204488304574427403985118892.html#articleTabs%3Darticle

School was canceled for a couple days because of the curfew, and yesterday I only had 15 out of my 26 students. I asked them if when we prayed together any of them would want to add anything, or if they would rather I pray for us all. They smiled and (awkwardly) looked around at each other for a moment, nobody saying anything. I explained that either way was fine as long as they prayed along in their hearts and asked them again if any of them, given the chance, might possibly want to add to my prayer out loud. One of my boys asked if they could pray in Spanish ("YES!") and then a bunch of hands went up, most of them volunteering to pray. It was so good and sweet and encouraging. Thank you guys, too, because I know Honduras has been in your thoughts and prayers and you are joining with us in seeking peace for the people here.

No comments: