Monday, September 28, 2009

Community

School went well today but I've started to feel frustrated with our inconsistent school schedule and the effect it is having on my class. I have students of all abilities and it's been incredibly difficult trying to catch everyone up to the same page, given many manditory and voluntary student absences.

Anyway, today I processed with a friend, and it really helped me to give voice to my deeper thoughts. Then after my roommate and I caught each other up on the day, she got me a treat from our local panaderia (bakery) as a day-brightener. I also got a very sweet, encouraging email from the friend I processed with. Finally, I just got a call from the mother of our Honduran family who live below us. She excitedly asked if I was home and told me she had something for me. I went down to meet her and she handed me a warm and delicious surprise gift of yucca frita. She remembered it's one of my favorites.

This has been the BEST bad day ever. :o)