Saturday, August 15, 2009

La Llegada (The Arrival)

Hey so I made it!!! I slept the whole three hours to Houston and Michelle met me when I got there. We sat together on the flight to Tegus with a college-aged Honduran guy and talked the whole flight. It was good. We arrived on time, all our bags made it (except for my two boxes of classroom supplies I had to leave with my parents because of the embargo), and we met up with the IST leaders waiting for us on the other side of Ag inspection. I met my roomie, Leslie, and we were all dropped off at our new homes. Our home, Apartamento del Sol, is amazing. It's green on the outside and a pretty cheerful yellow on the inside, and HUGE!!! We each have our own room, our kitchen has pots and pans already, and we have a washing machine, too. We showered and changed and went to the school for a Honduran culture presentation and dinner with the administration, which turned out to be a lot like our fiesta at Mr. Bimrose's in Costa Rica. Best of all, now we have a lightning storm going on, and with our great view from our mini-balcony, we couldn't ask for anything more. 



Our vista

Family room

La cocina

My cheerful (and undecorated) room 
with free bed sheets

1 comment:

Jess said...

Awesome! Glad to hear you got there and have most of your belongings. Wish I could enjoy the lightening storm too!