Friday, August 21, 2009

Honduran Bible Study

The owner of our apartment (nicknamed "Apartamento Del Sol") has a granddaughter who invited Leslie and me to their Bible study tonight, and it was fantastic. We sang "Desde Mi Interior" ("From the Inside Out") which is one of my FAVORITE worship songs, and then we discussed Philippians in both Spanish and English. Leslie doesn't speak any Spanish but very much wants to learn. She and I got to know Rene (the Bible study leader), Johanna (our landlord's granddaughter), and Alberto pretty well and it was just a great time all around. Rene's going to invite us to his barbecues and Leslie and I might have Christmas with Johanna. I also had lunch with Johanna's mom today, and she's going to teach us how to make baleadas and enchiladas.

I love it here.

No comments: