Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Monteverde and Oasis de Esperanza

Monteverde
Wow, sorry I'm a bum and haven't written for so long. Part of my excuse is that our internet hasn't been working at home. The rest of my excuse is that my camera broke mid-February. I am thus less inspired to blog sans pictures. Also, these pictures I'm posting are not my own.

Two weekends ago we went ziplining in Monteverde. I adore the zipline at Redwood and still think it trumps every other camp zipline ever, but this stuff was definitely the original. Essentially, we flew for 2 and a half hours through clouds and jungles.





You know, I wish I could remember the stats as far as how long the cables were and how high up we were. But I don't. :o) Here's something, though: on the bus going to Monteverde our group witnessed a robbery. This guy was getting off the bus when a girl yelled out that he had her backpack. So this other guy chased him down and yanked him out of his taxi. Then he was arrested. Of course, I was asleep for most of it. But I saw him get cuffed. Then I went back to sleep.



Oasis de Esperanza
I've also been going to a local church, which has been incredible. It's actually a Costa Rican megachurch. The service is also entirely in Spanish. That's definitely a challenge, but I think a good one. The worship is unbelievable, too. Very powerful and charismatic. We actually sang Hillsong's "Take It All" ("Tomálo") and "How Great Thou Art" ("Cuan Grande Es Dios") this week. I'm really encouraged to see and feel the passionate love for Jesus in our brothers and sisters here. There is such authentic gratitude and peace in them, and such rich, deep praise. Words cannot express it.

No comments: