Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Plant Ballads

The assignment was to a ballad about the life of a plant, describing threats to the plant's life and how it has adapted to defend itself. I hope you enjoy the results as much as I did... :)

[A rap]
"Poor poor sour flower
she needs a hood
and some food.

Dude winters coming.
You should hide for some warming in the night
but the sour flour
didn't know the hour
of the winter's power.

So the sour flower got some food
and stood in front of a tree she saw a hood
in top of the tree and the tree give it to her." ~D.

"Flowers attract bees with their colorful skin,
some defend themself with poisonous liquid,
on them stems,
some have spine to bit you up,
flowers are alive but they have different ways to be protect." ~K.

"It's hard to live in the desert,
I try with a lot of effort,
I'm not going to be insincere,
It's too hot in here,

But finally we got to adapt,
And we all claped,
That if we had light colors we would feel less heat,
And I don't want a problem like that to repeat." ~E.

"This plant love hugs,
but she hate slugs
she eat's bugs
she live's in the mud
but she was taken in
a big truck so
now they have the
poor little plant and
she was turned
into a drug." ~C.

[This confused student wrote a poem for his mom:]
"I love you with a lot of hugs,
but I love my slugs just like you
you are like birds singing on a tree
like gold birds that I can see

I have trucks of different kinds
and I bought drugs when I'm sad.
I can't stop of thought of you
when I go soon to the school" ~D.

"I am a little plant,
who likes to grow up
with water and sun,
more beautiful I become.

I need to survive
from animals and bugs,
from the sky to underground,
I wish I could talk.

But Jesus has giving me strength,
believe in him if you need help,
nature is my protection,
with sunlight and rain." ~G.

...I LOVE my kids.

No comments: