Sunday, April 26, 2009

Manuel Antonio II

My friends, Alyssa, Casey, and I went back to Manuel Antonio for the weekend because Alyssa had never been. It was ridiculously hot, but beautiful.

Casey suggested we check out Iguana Beach, which sounded great because it's a little locals-only beach inside the park and I'd never been. For lunch, we got some fruit at a little stand and I made the horrendous mistake of buying a mango. Apparently, mangos are the primary staple of iguanas. As soon as we started eating the iguanas came out. I think they're pretty cool guys, iguanas, but when they're creeping out of rocks everywhere, staring at you with this hungry intensity and suddenly you're surrounded by crooked, pointy teeth and cold, yellow eyes...it's not so great. I started getting nervous and began throwing scraps of mango peel away from us, and sure enough, that's what they were after. We lied down to nap but I couldn't. 

I kept imagining the iguanas coming for me.  




No comments: