Monday, January 19, 2009

Mercado libre y San José

Yesterday Courtney and I got up early to leave the house by 8AM (yeah, that´s 6AM California time) to go to el mercado libre with Mama Tica.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sí, um...no sé.
Photobucket


After we got back we had a late breakfast/early lunch and went to the capital San José with some friends. Since it was Sunday a lot of stores were closed but it was really fun finding our way around and people watching. Costa Ricans are so beautiful! I'd seen pictures, but I'm still caught off-guard when I look into a tan face and find bright green or blue eyes. We found a park we sat at for awhile and drank pipa (the coconut-looking thing in my picture). Pipa, by the way, is amazing. It's like this mild fruit-water stuff. We also found a beautiful cathedral and el Teatro Nacional. For a big city, it's pretty low-key. Like Alyssa said, you can go to the middle of the city to lay on the grass and read. I like that...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SAGE! we saw that last picture at the farmers market on saturday! we asked what it was but i forgot. We thought of you as we passed the 20lb bag of oranges :) miss you